woensdag 11 januari 2017

VPC Went Vegas Day 7; Downtown.

I wake up every two hours but manage to squeeze in at least 7/8 hours of very very much needed sleep. Today we head to our beloved downtown. Baars, Bozzie and me make our way to Earl of Sandwich before cabbing towards the Downtown Outlet Stores for some bargain hunting.

We all meet up at Binions around 1PM to play the Daily Tournament. After catching up on the Spearmint stories – yes, everyone went broke - the entire group enters the tourney. I have basically two options here; A) Don’t drink. Feel terrible. Feel a little better tomorrow. B) Get drunk. Feel awesome. Feel double terrible tomorrow. I go with option B. Rum and Coke are today’s medicine.

I love Binions. The dealers are all epic. They give each other so much ****. Absolutely hilarious. The tournament couldn’t have gone worse though. The very first hand I open Tens and my C-bet gets check-raised on a Q high flop. I call down all the way and the dude has JJ. Who the f*ck check-raises JJ on a dry Q high board and then ‘barrels’ 1/5th pot two streets? We also have that one dude at the table that every low limit table in Vegas seems to have. Sunglasses? Check. Headphones? Check. Serious look? Check. Not playing a single hand and then opening to 15X? Check.

To make matters worse Barcelona beats Arsenal. Bozzie and Iebus bet on Barcelona and there is a very easy way to make money in Vegas; follow Bozzie and Iebus around and bet the opposite team all day. Not today unfortunately. After successfully 4-betting Iebus with Q2o - #Aevol - things go south again rather quickly. Since it’s a re-entry I play accordingly. Loose and bad. I dust off the first bullet squeezing after an open and a call. Grandpa in de SB overcalls my 20 bigs without much thought. OR and the caller fold. My QJd can’t beat the all mighty 78c.

I re-enter with the plan of playing even worse but running a lot better. First hand after I re-enter I open KTo and flop Gin on JQA rainbow. Here we go. The old fart in the small blind – same table - calls a pot bet and in my mind I’ve already doubled up. I pot again on an off suit deuce turn. River Q. The old man leads pot for like 5k. I consider shipping since the Oldman would for sure lead QT & KQ as well but the way the tournament has been going so far I elect to just call. Old Man Coffee has Q2. Good times.

When my second Rum and Coke arrived earlier the waitress told me she made a mistake and accidently made it a double one. She offered to add coke and where I should have said ‘Yes, please do so’ I went with ‘That’s quite alright, miss’. Things get blurry fast. I last way longer in the tournament than expected after playing a decent shove / fold game. The tourney structure goes from 500/1K to 600/1200 to 1200/2400. Really? Who makes this **** up? I can’t remember how I busted or how the other guys did in the tourney. I don’t think anyone cashed.

No seats available in the 1/3 game so it sit down in 2-6 spread game and increase the intake of the double Rum and Cokes. Hugo is raping the 1/3 game. Hugo has a unique own style that can best be described as; Loose / Terrible. The thing with Loose / Terrible is once it gets some variance wind in its sails you better step aside really quickly.

The 2-6 spread game is great fun. For some reason I end up in a religious discussion. Being a drunk atheist is probably a recipe to get shot rather quickly but things proceed respectfully. I actually started the ‘discussion’ myself when a dude said: “I know I go to a better place when I die”. No you don’t. You think you go to a better place. I think you are wrong. No one f*cking knows. It always comes down to the fact that religious people can’t wrap their head around the fact that life might just end after our last breath;

Dude; “Where do you think you go after you die then?”
Me; “Uhh…nowhere?”
Dude; “What do you think it’s like to be dead then?”
Me; “Do you remember what is was like before you where born?”
Dude; “Uhh…No?”
Me; “So yeah…. Pretty much like that”

I don’t look down or troll religious people – I was raised catholic btw - I just find it rather strange that anyone < ~ 45 can be religious in this modern day and age. I really think we should start a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy when it comes down to religion. This **** is getting out of control and frankly I’m a little fed up with having to strip down to my boxers at airport security because people that believe a guy flew up to the sky on a unicorn can’t get along with people that believe 2k years ago a woman got pregnant without doing the nasty stuff and gave birth to a child that could walk on water. Stop bothering me with that sh*t, alright?

Anyway. Wum joined the game after busting and we come up with the plan to go for Sushi later. Damvic and Iebus entered the 7PM tourney representing 20% of the field while I move steadily from drunk to sh*t-faced.

I find myself in taxi towards The Naked Fish with Wum and Hugo at God knows what time. The Naked Fish – at the Flamingo Road / Durango intersection – is a famous Sushi restaurant among Dutch Poker community. Although I think they ‘moved on’ to new spot The Naked Fish was on my Vegas bucket list. I’m too drunk to have any say in the ordering process and just nod at every suggested roll.

Wum and Hugo order like ten specialty rolls and they are all A+. I’ve only been eating Sushi for like two years but this is definitely a new high. I expected a nose bleed bill but it think the taxi costs were higher than the food costs. Very reasonable prized.

On our way back to The Strip Hugo suggest bowling. If I had to guess we went bowling at Gold Coast but it might as well have been Orleans. Don’t ask me who won either. I do remember Wum and Hugo going for some craps after. I’m completely done at this point. After another ‘five more minutes’ I just stumble towards the exit and grab a cab to Excalibur myself. Drop off at the Resort Tower and off to my room asap.

Geen opmerkingen: