woensdag 11 januari 2017

VPC Went Vegas Day 5; What happens in V….

Plans for today; NO DRINKING and the 7PM HORSE tourney at Orleans. No idea what time I woke up or how long I’ve slept. Not long enough is only thing I’m sure about. One thing I do remember; Baars telling me a bedside story this morning. I don’t really believe in ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’ but I’m afraid I have to file this story in that category. Let’s just say Baars made a classic Vegas mistake. A costly one.

Somewhere in the afternoon most of us make our way to the Strip for some poker. Bozzie slides back into his Vegas Tilt Coma after spewing a buy-in vs. Iebus earlier that morning and stays behind at Excalibur. I feel absolutely terrible and then some. I’m hungover and in full throttle hyperventilation mode. I just can’t seem to get my breathing rhythm under control. Best way to describe how that feels is like walking underwater.

We take a short pony betting break at Bellagio where I watch Iebus lose yet another race going O for 50 in his Vegas pony betting career. We decide to go play at Caesars but I nearly pass out after getting up at Bellagio so I go back to Excalibur to crash. I want to play the 7PM Horse tourney so I go for some more rest. On my way through Bellagio run into good old Johnny Chan. How short is that guy?

The alarm wakes me at 18:30. I really wanted to play the Horse tourney but the wise decision is to stay in bed for a while longer. I text Iebus I’m skipping the tourney but will make my way to Orleans later. In the group app I find a recording that says; “Waddup, it’s the Trooper” from The Trooper 97 himself. Apparently Wum is Troopers direct neighbour in the Caesars game. I should have ****ing stayed! I prepared a little Mail Time Package for The Trooper 97 but forgot to bring it… I’ve send it out to some Dutchies leaving for Vegas this week so they will make the drop-off.

Around 10PM I make my way to Orleans. I never played any other form then Hold’em live and that’s why I wanted to play the Horse tourney. However, Orleans has several 4/8 Omaha Eight games going daily so I go with that. I more or less know the rules to the game but have zero strategic knowledge. After two hands I conclude that is not going to matter much today. I see people going to capped flops with 569T single suited. This should be fun.

I’m going with the tight is right strategy today. I pick-up some decent hands here and there and I’m up from the get go. Iebus joins my table after busting the Horse tourney. Tight is right is not in Iebus’s poker book and he needs < 50 minutes to burns trough 200 one dollar chips with a 94.2% VPIP. Iebus gives me some advice; ‘Never go for just the Low’. Alright. I’m pretty sure that is accurate if we replace the word Low with High…

Omaha Eight is awesome. I have an absolute blast and rack up a $ 50,- winner after about four hours. My plan was to not drink today however I see someone order a Greyhound and being a 2+2 Trip Report Fanboy I need to order one. Let me put it like this; I would need to flip a coin given the option to either lick a homeless guy’s balls or drink another Greyhound.

Back in Excalibur I grind some 1/2 NL before making my way to my room. I check in with Baars first who has been burning monies these first few days like you wouldn’t believe it. I can see from a mile away things are bad by Baars’s demeanour. I tell him I will bring some run good and within 15 minutes we spin his last $ 50 - of the day, that is – up to about 700 bucks. I suggest taking half of that to the room for the next day. Like a true degen Baars looks at me like I just suggested root canal treatment. I leave Baars and pop a sleeping pill around 3AM before jumping into bed.

Geen opmerkingen: