dinsdag 12 augustus 2014

VPC Went Vegas 2014: Day 8. Leaving Las Vegas

I meet Bozzie at the escalators around 07:30. Bozzie looks at me and just shakes his head. Not a word is spoken until we reach check-out. Some plan to finally go Clubbin’ on the last night. Hugo and Baars arrive at 07:45 and especially Hugo looks like ****. Our cab experience is quite interesting this morning. The cabbie asks if he can go through the tunnel and what airline we need. Looks like this guy knows what he’s doing right? Wrong.

I **** you not. We found the only cabby in Las Vegas that couldn’t, I repeat COULD NOT find the airport. We’re driving for quite a while and our madman has made several last minute lane changes nearly crashing into the guard rails or other cars. When this clown finally found the right lane towards departures he again makes a last minute swap and we roll straight into long term parking.

We are pissing ourselves in laughter but it’s 08:15 and our flight leaves in 90 minutes so finding the right lane would be quiet nice by now. On the last attempt the dude is on the correct lane but AGAIN wants to go towards long term parking when Hugo nearly hooks the guy and basically steers the cab in the right direction himself. The dude stopped the meter a $50,- about ten minutes ago but we agree on a $30,- fare. Good starts to todays travels.

We check in swiftly but Baars is traveling on the emergency passport so that takes a while. First a supervisor has to study the document for 15 minutes at check-in and of course 20 meter along the way another dickhead has to check the document for 15 minutes at customs. Really? You think Baars managed to get a ticket by presenting a freaking napkin with his name on it? These bureaucratic people tilt me to no end. Get. A. Life.

I’m not hungry since I ate McDonald’s at 6AM but I order a sandwich for the road since I hate airplane food. I sleep nearly two hours on the Houston flight making this a quicky. In Houston Baars buys about 10 kilo’s of peanut butter M & M’s because some hottie from his pub asked for them back home.

During the Houston – Amsterdam flight I scroll trough last weeks pictures and let the trip go trough my mind for a while. If I had to classify this trip compared to the other three it would be top two for sure despite not much epicness went on this week. That has me a little worried about the trip report. It’s going to take some effort to type up this week into something interesting to read for the good folks at 2 + 2. Oh well, there’s always Fratie to save the day!

Financially it was a very good trip. I had sold some action for the Caesars Event so I had a small profit in the tourneys but the cash games went really well. Where I used to drop a buy-in every session in 2012 the opposite was going on this year and that kept me away form the ATM’s since day three. I had one losing session but still broke even that day. I wrote in my introduction that it think I run like **** in poker but I’m not one to deny the run good. Vegas has been very kind to me on the felt with the exception of the 2012 trip.

I think I spend about 25% of what I budgeted for a worst case scenario so that is nice. Of course we hardly hit any clubs which normally puts a dent in the wallet but if Vegas thought me anything the past years it’s party while you’re awake and sleep when your tired, regardless of the clock. I don’t regret not going to a real club this year but I would have definitely liked it. Unfortunately the travels had our spirits broken on the first night I my physical condition wasn’t helping the first days. I hardly had any troubles the second part of the week.

I can’t sleep on this flight and watch a couple of movies. The movie Prisoners sure is one to watch. Pretty epic climax. For some reason traveling home always goes 50% faster and mostly before I know it we are descending for Amsterdam. Iebus arrived minutes before us and is waiting to drive home with Bozzie and Hugo. Baars and I relax at the Starbucks for a while before we grab the train back home. When Baars wants to show the conductor his train ticket I see a lot of paper in his wallet and I ask what that is; his ATM receipt’s for the week….

With that VPC Went Vegas 2014: The Trip Report comes to an end. It’ been fun typing it all up for you guys and I’m glad y’all enjoyed reading it. Of course a special thanks goes to Iebus, Baars, Hugo and Bozzie for being perfect Vegas companions once again. So when can you expect a new VPC Goes Vegas trip? In all honestly it’s probably not going to happen before 2016. My girlfriend grants me these trips without discussion but the lack of free days is a problem since we basically only have one big holyday left together for the rest of the year now. Vegas in January is staring to grow on me and Baars wants to visit the AVN Awards again so my best guess would be January 2016.

There will be two encore’s. One will be a movie with all the pictures, not just from me but from the rest of the crew as well and of course a best of Fratie movie with about 40 epic Fratie pics. But this TR can only end in one way. And again I **** you not the following is NOT a joke. Baars woke up on Sunday morning to the following question from his visiting mother:

“Marco, why do you have TWO passports in your jacket?”

Geen opmerkingen: